THE AMAZING RACE IS POSTPONED DUE TO POOR AIR QUALITY
The air quality in Calgary is at a level where people are being advised to not do any strenuous activity outside. A two-hour race outdoors would certainly put us into the category of strenuous activity. The result is that I will save the Amazing Race for a date in the future (likely a summer activity), when it will be safe to run.
The plan now is to have a smorgasbord of activities at the church.-Dodgeball-Boardgames-PingPong-Video Games-maybe something else =)
Please bring snacks to share as well.
It’s our Year End Youth Event for students in Grades 6-12. The race starts and ends at Hawkwood Baptist Church. You go from station to station on the C Train, so bring a bus pass or bus fare for the night. Each station has a challenge for your team to complete. The first team to complete the challenges and return to the church are the winners of The Amazing Race!
- Teams must stay together WITH their Chaperones
- Chaperones are not team members, they are referees
- Obey all laws, (no jaywalking, obey traffic signals, etc)
- Do not interfere with other teams.
- All C-Train passengers must have a valid ticket/pass
- All teams must begin heading back to the church no later than 9:00
- Have the challenge leader sign your paper to indicate completion of the challenge.