Missions Trip to Cambodia
Be one of 16 volunteers that work to give life-saving water to children and families in Cambodia, in partnership with Samaritan’s Purse Canada.
Support those who are going by giving financial support – click HERE.
Trip Date: January 16-30, 2019
For more information check out Samaritan’s Purse’s website HERE.
If you would like to be a part of this trip contact Marg Landra, any member of the Mission Committee, or contact the Church Office at email@example.com or 403-239-6200. Blessings!
Vision Statement for our Missions Ministry
~~ It is our vision at Hawkwood Baptist Church to be faithful to Christ’s mandate to us to make disciples in every part of the world until He returns (Matthew 28:18-20)
This will require each of us to be responsible for the entire missionary endeavour. We view this endeavour as involving four key areas:
1. Investment (Giving)
Missions is not just about money, but it does involve money and sometimes a great deal of money. We view this as an investment in a life or death enterprise, not just a budgeted expense. The dividends from giving and investing in the missionary enterprise are great and eternal. We, therefore, do not simply “token give”, we will give sacrificially so that the gospel and people can be sent out into the world.
2. Information (Communicating)
Regularly informing our church body through classes, speakers, literature, films, etc. will be the way we will communicate missions needs.
3. Intercession (Praying)
We seek to have a deep stream of regular intercessory prayer that is spontaneous yet planned, well informed without prodding or prying.
4. Involvement (Sending and Going)
We will give ourselves to a hands-on approach to missions. That is, we will give our people the opportunity to be involved in short-term missions (2 to 3 weeks) as well as sending people from our midst into full-time missions ministry.
HBC Missionary Biographies and Experiences
HBC supports the following Missionaries and Organizations spiritually and financially.
- Bicol Center for Christian Leadership (BCCL) – Phillipines
- Boris and Mirka Vyskocil – Interact Ministries, Morley, AB
- Bud and Lois – NABC Missionaries, Utah
- Cooperative ESL Ministries – Calgary, AB
- Craig and Maureen Moody – NABC Missionaries and House Parents at Rain Forest International School in Cameroon
- Deborah Unruh – Greater Europe Mission, Paris, France
- Gail Palsky – Teach Beyond’s Black Forest Academy, Kandern, Germany
- Greg and Julie Dole – Mission Aviation Fellowship of Canada, Papua, Indonesia
- H. and M. – GlobeServe in Africa, Asia and Canada
- Joost and Cheryl Pikkert – NABC Partner Missionaries with Wycliffe Bible Translators
- Julie Stone – NABC, Cameroon
- L. C. – The Evangelical Alliance Mission (TEAM), serving with Evergreen Medical Mission in China
- Nick and Iris – NABC Missionaries and Life Coaches in East Asia
- Power to Change (Students) – University of Calgary
- Rachel Bauer – Power to Change (Athletes in Action), Langley, BC
- Redge and Alexis Dole – church plant in Mahogany subdivision, Calgary, AB
- Steve & Natalija Janz – The Great Commission Foundation, Latvia (Camp in a Box)
- Todd and Kylie Dubber – Africa Inland Mission (AIM), Rift Valley Academy, Kenya
- Yuri Nakano – NABC Missionary in Ministry Development, Japan
Short-Term Mission Team Resources