To introduce people to Jesus and together become fully devoted followers.
To glorify God by fulfilling the Great Commandment (Luke 10:27)
and the Great Commission (Matt. 28:19-20)
Purpose and Values
To glorify God through Christ-centered ministry based upon Biblical worship, preaching, teaching, witnessing, serving and fellowship.
1. We value God’s Word – The Bible is the foundation and touchstone for all of life. We believe the Bible is the Holy inspired Word of God. God reveals Himself to humankind through the Bible. The Bible is infallible divine authority and is to be believed, obeyed and embraced. (II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:20-21, Romans 1:16, Psalm 119:11, Psalms 119:105, and Psalm 1:1-2, John 17:17, Psalm 19:7-11)
2. We value Loving God – In response to His love for us, our love for God is demonstrated by our obedience to Him. We reflect His love by loving others. In our private and corporate worship, we show our passionate attitude towards Him and His priorities. He deserves our full submission. We stay connected to Him through an abiding relationship so we are able to love Him with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. (John 14:15, Luke 10:27, John 15:1-17, and Romans 12:1)
3. We value Prayer – Constant communication with God is essential in order to live the lives to which God has called us. Since prayer is a two-way conversation between God and us, we need to talk with Him continuously, as well as listening to His voice, in faith, through prayer and the reading of His Word. Prayer must be practiced corporately, and individually while incorporating themes of adoration, confession, thanksgiving, and supplication. (I Thessalonians 5:17, Ephesians 1:15-19, James 1:5-8, James 5:13-16, and Acts 6:4)
4. We value Worship – Worship is the action of glorifying and honouring God. It involves celebrating His nature and attributes, and what He has done. Worship is not based on personal preferences but is motivated by a desire to please God and focus on Him. Corporate worship is an important aspect of worship, but we are called to worship God in all aspects of our lives. (Psalm 103:1, Psalm 146:1-2, Hebrews 10:25, Hebrews 13:15, II Samuel 12:20, Psalm 100:1-5, and Colossians 3:23)
5. We value Service – Christianity is not a spectator sport. Service is love in action. We are responsible for discovering, developing, and using the spiritual gifts that the Lord has given us, so that the body of Christ may be brought to full maturity. We are called to a life of service which involves involvement in ministry in the church. The manner in which we do things and the relationships between ministry participants is as important as the measurable ministry outcomes. (Galatians 5:13, Galatians 6:9-10, I Peter 4:10, Ephesians 4:11-13, Romans 2:6-7, I Corinthians 12:4-7, 11, 27-31, and Romans 12)
6. We value Evangelism – God sent His Son to redeem the world and has charged us with the task of demonstrating and communicating His love to those with whom we come in contact. Therefore, we are His ambassadors to our communities and beyond to fulfill the Great Commission of taking the gospel to all people. We will be intentional in reaching out with the love of Christ to others in order to share the gospel to draw, lead, and direct them towards God. (Matthew 28:19, Mark 12:30-31, I Corinthians 9:19-23, Acts 17:22-3, John 4:7-26, Acts 4:29, and II Corinthians 3:12)
7. We value Discipleship – Jesus’ final words, before He ascended into heaven, were a command to evangelize and make disciples. The making of disciples requires the action of discipleship. This is accomplished by individual and corporate training, study and application. We will provide corporate opportunities for believers to be discipled as well as encouraging and modelling individual discipleship. (Matthew 28:19-20, Luke 9:62, Acts 2:42, Romans 13:14, Colossians 1:28, II Timothy 2:15, II Timothy 3:16-17, Ephesians 4:12-14, and I Peter 3:15)
8. We value Community – We gather corporately to worship God, for fellowship, to hear and share the Word of God, and to encourage and care for each other. Our worship, our fellowship, our acts of service, and our shared ministry are characterized by love and a nurturing of caring relationships. We value small groups which provide life-changing opportunities for everyone. We hold one another accountable. We offer newcomers the opportunity to belong. (I Thessalonians 2:8, Hebrews 10:24-25, Acts 2:42-47, Acts 5:42, Acts 20:20, and John 13:34-35)
9. We value Stewardship – We are called to submit our lives to God. This includes surrender of our will, our time, our abilities, and our resources. God holds us accountable for how we ‘spend’ what He have given us. Joyfully giving back to God that which He has given to us is a tangible expression of our faith. We will use our time, abilities, gifts and resources in obedience to God and to glorify His name and advance His kingdom. (Matthew 6:33, Luke 12:48, II Corinthians 9:6-8, Malachi 3:10, Matthew 13:44-45, and John 10:10)
10. We value Leadership – Leaders must strive to maintain a quality relationship with God, with one another, and with the Body. Spirit-filled, servant-leadership demonstrates a humble heart toward God that is willing to hear from Him and obey Him regardless of the cost. It is leadership by example, requiring followers who fully participate in the vision and mission of the church. We value the training and development of Godly leaders. (Psalm 37:4, Philippians 2:5-8, Ephesians 4:11-13, Ephesians 6:19-20, John 13:12, and Mark 10:42-45)