Vision Statement for our Missions Ministry
~~ It is our vision at Hawkwood Baptist Church to be faithful to Christ’s mandate to us to make disciples in every part of the world until He returns (Matthew 28:18-20)
This will require each of us to be responsible for the entire missionary endeavour. We view this endeavour as involving four key areas:
1. Investment (Giving)
Missions is not just about money, but it does involve money and sometimes a great deal of money. We view this as an investment in a life or death enterprise, not just a budgeted expense. The dividends from giving and investing in the missionary enterprise are great and eternal. We, therefore, do not simply “token give”, we will give sacrificially so that the gospel and people can be sent out into the world.
2. Information (Communicating)
Regularly informing our church body through classes, speakers, literature, films, etc. will be the way we will communicate missions needs.
3. Intercession (Praying)
We seek to have a deep stream of regular intercessory prayer that is spontaneous yet planned, well informed without prodding or prying.
4. Involvement (Sending and Going)
We will give ourselves to a hands-on approach to missions. That is, we will give our people the opportunity to be involved in short-term missions (2 to 3 weeks) as well as sending people from our midst into full-time missions ministry.
HBC supports the following Missionaries and Organizations spiritually and financially.
- Bicol Center for Christian Leadership (BCCL) – Phillipines
- Boris and Mirka Vyskocil – Interact Ministries, Morley, AB
- Bud and Lois – NABC Missionaries, Utah
- Deborah Unruh – Greater Europe Mission, Paris, France
- Gail Palsky – Teach Beyond’s Black Forest Academy, Kandern, Germany
- Greg and Julie Dole – Mission Aviation Fellowship of Canada, Papua, Indonesia
- Calvin & Susanne Hohn – NABC Missionaries, Cameroon
- Joost and Cheryl Pikkert – NABC Partner Missionaries with Wycliffe Bible Translators
- Julie Stone – NABC, Cameroon
- L. C. – The Evangelical Alliance Mission (TEAM), serving with Evergreen Medical Mission in China
- N & I – NABC Missionaries and Life Coaches in East Asia
- Andrew & Steph - Power to Change (Students) – University of Calgary
- Rachel Bauer – Power to Change (Athletes in Action), Langley, BC
- Todd and Kylie Dubber – Africa Inland Mission (AIM), Rift Valley Academy, Kenya
- Yuri Nakano – NABC Missionary in Ministry Development, Japan
White Cross Work Bee
You do NOT have to sew to participate in White Cross. We cute and sew baby layettes and roll cut sheets for bandages for the Baptist hospital in Cameroon. Times and dates TBD. continue to check our events page for information.
White Cross Ministry is a thriving and vital service to hospitals in Cameroon, Africa. The part we play is by making baby layettes that are given to every new mother. A layette consists of a colorful blanket, jacket and diaper. To get a visual of how important White Cross click HERE and watch a short video clip.
Short Term Missions Training Manual
Team Leader Information
Application - General